Sunday, April 27, 2014

Sex, Lies, and Scandals

Now that I have your attention (the title was intentionally misleading, muwahaha), I wanted to point out some new features and give you a brief update on our life statuses.
As a woman who grew up with her nose constantly in books and head in the sky, it's no wonder I am just NOW figuring out how the internet and subsequently, this blog site work. With that being said, I have added in new features!! 

Features

  • If you would like to receive an email when I post a new blog, you may enter your email into the box on the left hand side of the page under "Follow by email".
  • If you would like to follow me on google+, I have added in a button that will allow to do so! Super simple :)
  • I am a newly blog-stalker-crazed-mad-woman and I have a list of blogs I stalk-I mean check-on a regular basis. I pull inspiration and learn from these wonderful women (I gravitate towards the feminine perspective naturally so women outnumber men in this list) and if you are like me and love learning, I recommend these blogs for you! Also, if you have a great blog you'd like to share with me, leave a comment in this blog and I'll check it out and add it to my obsession list! 
  • I also added in a list of my most popular blogs if you are a new reader (my dark side of the moon one is in the lead, with 50+ more views than the rest of them! This makes me wonder about people's innate attraction to pain and the revealing of one's most intimate thoughts. Maybe others share in this darkness?) 
  • I'm also thinking about adding in a health section and some other cool new features, we'll see. 

Life Updates!! 
Also, with the start of our ex-pathood in Kathmandu and the temporary hold on traveling, I won't be having anymore travel-related blogs (which are usually more focused on the emotional lessons/epiphanies/self-discoveries made as a result of the traveling anyway) but I will still be posting life/journey/health/wealth/ramblings blogs and updating you on our adventures within our new settlement and new career-oriented path. 
Coming to Kathmandu has really changed the way we were living. Before, we were travelers: in a semi-vacation mode with eating at restaurants and dhabas, hanging out with other travelers and relaxing, reading a ridiculous amount of books (this hasn't changed), and just generally living for the moment. Now, we go grocery shopping, make our own food (I learned how to coooookkk finally! And successfully made my first curry and chapati!), do our laundry (by hand, mind you), focus on our businesses and work and Game of Thrones (ya..about that...). Sounds like what you're probably doing at home, right? Well, that's what we are doing, just in a new country. 
The season of change is upon us (hello, spring!) and that's what Matt and I are doing. We are living and working and creating a sustainable future for ourselves, just in the midst of the Himalayas where power and water are metered (6 hours at night, 6 hours during the day) and thunder storms happen randomly and within seconds (there's nothing like watching Nepali's run for cover at the first sound of thunder, knowing the rain will be coming as quick as a flash flood). 
Anyways, that's it for my digression. Hope you enjoy my blog! 

Remember: send me blogs you love!!! I love reading anything about cooking, writing, traveling, yoga, health, pretty much anything awesome! 

Love you all!
Xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment